The Paleo Diet is HUGELY popular these days - because it works. It might be something YOU could benefit immensely too. Check out the FLC Beginners Guide to Paleo Diet for Weight Loss. You might be glad you did!
The Paleo Diet is HUGELY popular these days - because it works.
It might be something YOU could benefit immensely too. Check out the FLC Beginners Guide to Paleo Diet for Weight Loss.
You might be glad you did!
3 Easy To Prepare Breakfast Ideas
I’ve been speaking a lot about mindset and motivation recently so I thought today I would talk about something different – you know changing it up and all that ‘malarki’! So in this post I am going to give you 3 different quick easy breakfast ideas.
Right so, I’m sending this one out a little late for today, as breakfast time past quite a few hours ago! However nothings stopping you from having one of these breakfast ideas tomorrow.
The morning time isn’t the time to be thinking about what you’re going to have, how you’re going to put it together or which cupboard your ingredients are in – the easier life is made in the morning the better!
**Side note: Aswell as the three breakfast ideas I have given you below you can also try this delicious pancake recipe as well!**
Some people are under the misconception that in order to lose weight, or burn fat, skipping breakfast is the first step to take – they couldn’t be further from the truth if I’m honest. It has been proven time and time again, that those who skip breakfast are more likely to gain the pounds than those who don’t.
So with that in mind today I am going to give 3 easy to prepare breakfast ideas – just to make tomorrow a little less stressful 😉
Quick Easy Breakfast Ideas – Breakfast 1
Omelet with a Side Salad
I try to make my mornings a stress-free as possible. So to help with that, I always make sure I have some organic eggs and vegetables in the kitchen. This meal takes about 2 minutes to prepare, and tastes like heaven. (Cooking time: 10 Minutes Approx)
1. 2 Whole Eggs & 1 Egg White
3. Vegetables (Tomatoes, Lettuce, Onions etc)
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat.
- Pour some a small bit of olive oil into the pan
- While the pan is heating up, put 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white into a bowl and whisk together
- Add some cheese to the egg and mix together
- Pour the mixture into the frying pan and cook until one side is golden brown
- While the omelet is cooking, cut a few vegetables up. (I like tomatoes, onions and a bit of lettuce)
- When one side of the omelet is cooked flip over and cook the other side
- When omelet is completely cooked folder over and serve on a plate with the salad
Quick Easy Breakfast Ideas – Breakfast 2
Banana & Yoghurt Smoothie
Okay so you’ve woken up late, you need to get to work like NOW! Try this one. It tastes absolutely delicious…..
- 1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of ice
- ¾ cup of fat-free plain yoghurt
- 1 Banana
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of natural almond butter
Put it all into a blender and mix together until it’s smooth. Pour it into a glass or bottle and off to work you go! Haven’t got a blender? You really should. You can find some great cheap blenders here. In-fact here’s one for under $20 with some great reviews as well.
Quick Easy Breakfast Ideas –Breakfast 3
Spinach, Vegetable and Cheese Frittata
Okay, so you’ve managed to wake up super early this morning, and you have time on your hand (WOW! How did you do that?) So you decide that today you’re going put a little time into your breakfast, what do you cook? A spinach, vegetable and cheese frittata of course!
This one takes about 15 minutes of preparation and about 10 minutes to cook.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tablespoons of oil
- 1 cup of cut tomatoes
- One clove of garlic (cut or minced)
- 3 whole eggs and 5 eggs whites
- ¾ cup of low-fat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350/375 F
- Add 1 table spoon of oil to frying pan and add spinach, tomatoes and garlic
- Cook these for 4 minutes
- Whisk eggs together in a large bowl and add in spinach and cheese
- Add egg mixture to frying pan and level all ingredients out
- Place frying pan in the over for 10 minutes (or until eggs are set)
- Place the frying under the broil for 2 minutes until slightly browned
As you can see breakfast doesn’t have to be hard work – if you know what to cook. My favorite Quick Easy Breakfast Idea would be breakfast 1 – Omelet with Side Salad. Those, who have had success in burning fat and losing weight, are more likely than not to be breakfast eaters.
So if there’s one lesson to be learnt from today – don’t skip breakfast!
If you’re super motivated and disciplined during the week then why not add your favourite foods back into your diet using the diet free weekend approach.